RPL is an acronym for Recognised Prior Learning. Recognition of Prior Learning is an assessment pathway to gain a qualification if you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and experience gained through work, training courses and work-based training to meet the requirements of the course.
Am I Eligible for RPL?
If you have the required skills and experience in a sector and can provide supporting evidence, you may be eligible for Recognised Prior Learning, which will provide you, a certification based on your experience.
Assess your eligibility here
Complete the process in 6 easy stages
- initial Self Assessment:
- Find out evidence and supporting documents needed for each unit;
- Select minimum three evidences for each unit.
- Supporting Evidence
- Upload the evidence identified in stage 1;
- Upload referee details;
- And upload other documents that you think may support your RPL.
- Third Party Report
- Could not gather sufficient evidence;
- Ask your supervisor or colleague to complete this report.
- Trainer Allocated
- If evidence not sufficient your trainer will schedule a written assessment or practical demonstration for that particular unit.
- RPL Assessment
- Compulsory stage;
- Trainer schedules an interview to assess your skills and knowledge.
- Gap Training
- This stage will apply if the supporting documentation provided is not sufficient or you are unable to demonstrate competency in a unit.
*Please note: Stages 3 and 6 are not compulsory. You must undertake these steps if you are unable to provide evidence and documents to prove your competency
RPL Direct Application
If you are confident that you can provide supporting documentation for RPL Process. You can skip the Pre- Eligibility Checklist and fill out the application form.