Our nationally recognized Certificate III in Individual Support provides knowledge and skills to work in care roles in the community and/or residential settings.
We aim at equipping the students with not only the knowledge, but also the skills to excel in the field they are pursuing. This course will prepare participants to follow an individualized plan to provide support and meet personal care needs, implement individualized plans and empower those with disabilities. Participants will have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centered support.
Potential career outcomes after course completion are:
Accommodation Support Worker, Care Assistant, Community Care Worker, Disability Support Worker, and Residential Care Officer.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
What can I expect from Frontier Training and Technology?
- Experienced, knowledgeable and punctual trainers;
- Quality training materials and excellent student support;
- Scheduled face-to-face training sessions;
- User friendly course materials/manuals;
- Assessment of each module and assistance in gathering evidence
- Issued nationally recognised training;
- For further information about our services please see your student handbook.
What is expected from Students?
In order to provide students with the highest level of tuition and delivery, it is expected that students meet the following minimum requirements:
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes. If a student is not available to attend a class for any reason, they are to contact their trainers prior to making any other arrangements.
- You are advised to read through the unit manual and practice knowledge between sessions.
- Students are advised to apply the skills learned in the training sessions to their work tasks.
Please, contact us for more information.